Old March 6th 05, 04:54 AM
jon

Greetings Jim! I understand the desire to be able to talk back to the
people you hear, but you do realize that is illegal. We had a crazy
ham in this neck of the woods who converted his 2 meter to the county
sheriffs department freq and ended up in jail for about 2 years for
malicious interference. Needless to say he is no longer a ham either.

I don't know what I would want as the perfect scanner as everything is
changing so fast. I don't even have a trunked scanner here yet, but
only the highway patrol is trunked now. I would love to have a trunked
scanner with a blue backlite screen. 200 memories is enough for me.
Why not get your ham licence and do some chatting on the legal ham
freqs? I will leave the emergency freqs to those who need to be on
them. Have a great weekend! Jon.