Old March 6th 05, 03:36 AM
David

I listen to the Coast Guard and other Utilities.

The SWBC bands are a very small fraction of the HF spectrum.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:58:00 -0800, running dogg wrote:

David wrote:

Between MW/FM, the internets, Worldspace, Sirius and XM, there aren't
that many ''unreachable'' people left. Certainly not enough for most
countries to justify the expense of maintaining a fleet of 250 kW
transmitters around the world.

Just as I thought. You really don't care about shortwave, just about
spreading your ideology. Well, go spread it someplace else, like
talk.politics.misc, or alt.conspiracy. The same goes for Al Patrick, who
is more interested in the narrow ideology of the kooks on shortwave
rather than on getting the many varied viewpoints shortwave offers. I
suspect that most of the people here aren't really concerned about
shortwave as a hobby, just about finding another outlet for getting
"news" that agrees with their worldview. Well, there's something on
shortwave for everybody, but try stepping outside your closed little
world and listening to viewpoints other than yours.

On 5 Mar 2005 13:43:59 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - Yes it is the 21st Century.
.
However Shortwave Radio is still one of the best ways
Today to 'reach' the Un-Reachable People of the World.
.
Rush Limbaugh on Shortwave Radio to be Heard 24/7 Around the World.
[ Every Conservative's Dream -and- Every Liberal's Nightmare ]
.
dream on, Dream On. DREAM ON ! ~ RHF
.
.