Old March 6th 05, 01:39 PM
Asimov

"Hal Rosser" bravely wrote to "All" (06 Mar 05 02:54:17)
--- on the heady topic of " Circular Parasitic"

HR Xref: aeinews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:26501

HR "Asimov" wrote in
HR message g...
Just wondering what adding horizontal parasitics to a UHF loop does?

HR depends - but you CAN make a beam - er a directional antenna
HR like a quad driven element, and a yagi-type reflector and/or director
HR element(s).
HR it works - been done

You made me recall the cubical quad. But a single loop with yagi-style
elements added each face might have a directed beam pattern instead of
bidirectional? BTW would that work too with circular polarization?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I'm not loafing, I'm doing research on inertia.