Old March 6th 05, 04:40 PM

Default My old Radio

It is an old Sears LW/SW1/SW2/SW3/AM/FM Radio.On the front it says,Sears
MULTI-BAND and on the speaker grill it says,20 WAv FARER.Inside the back
panel on the radio's chassis battery compartment (I don't use betteries
with this radio) it says,Model NO.8277 Chassis NO.564 40050.The
off/Volume control switch doesn't work properly and the seven push
buttons on top (there is an eight push down button button to turn the
dial light on temporairly and one of the other push down buttons on top
is for BATT.CHECK) often do not lock down properly and stay locked down
when they should.I often have to mess around with the push buttons on
top of the radio and mess around and wiggle the off/on/volume control
knob.It could be that the thin nut on the switch only needs tightened up
again,but I did that recently and that didn't help much) I really like
this old radio because it pulls in stations really good,especially AM
stations.I can replace the off/on/volume control switch if I can locate
a proper replacement switch.It is a heavy old radio,I guess it probally
weighs at least twenty five pounds or more.It was in the same condition
as it is now when I bought it for $4.00 at a Goodwill thrift store about
five years ago,I guess that is why the previous owner donated it to the
Goodwill thrift store.I was thinking someone could look my old radio up
on the internet and tell me where I can buy a proper replacement
on/off/volume control switch for my radio.There is a seperate little
panel on the back of the radio that flips up and on the left there is a
jack for an external antenna,next to that is a slide switch for ON OFF
BATT.SAVER,next to that,another slide switch for,Radio,Tape
Rec.Phono.next to that,another jack for,Tape Rec.Phono.next to
that,Earphone.On the front of the radio at top right is a slide switch
for AFC.ON.below that are five small
knobs,Fine.Tun.,Squelch,Treble,Bass,and below that is the on/off/volume
control switch I want to replace myself.There is a TUNE.BATT meter to
the top right side of the small control knobs.There are also two large
tuneing knobs near the bottom on the front panel of the radio,one is for
AM,the one on the right next to that is for FM.Like I say,I really like
this old radio and I want to get it in decent operating condition.The
telescopic antenna is missing except for the bottom metal tube of the
antenna,but I think I can locate a proper replacement antenna perhaps at
a local Radio Shack store or at the Hooper Sound store on Terry Road in
Jackson or I will look in my phone book.Thanks for any information and
help concerning this old radio.
cuhulin