Old March 6th 05, 09:01 PM

Drifter wrote:
had one here awhile back. OK, but a bit over priced. i brought a new
235 mil set up home from europe about 3 years ago. if i remember,
it cost me a little over $300 USD. i don't know what that comes
to in euros. they didn't sell too well. the hot one is the 150
and 150E. i tried to sell the 235 on ebay and could even get a
buy it now of $300 i paid for it. i had to pull a trade on Grove
for something else. the 235 was an odd ball. they were made for the
military, but wouldn't sell. too much over load. i only keep it

for a few months, dumped it as quick as i could. i see a lot of
them used in the SW shops all over europe and the UK. if you
have to have one for a collection, check the web. most shops over
there import to the US. i saw one on ebay, jan this year. had a buy

it
now of just under $900. didn't get a single bid. so, i think that
says it all. if you want a lowe, go for the 150, great little rig.
put a post up for Lucky. he just got a 150. ask him how he likes his.

Drifter...

I also have a 150 and it's great fun. It's very 'minimalist' in design,
offering fewer bells and whistles--and better overall performance--than
many receivers.

Build quality is superb.

Sound quality is superb.

The tuning knob is to die for. Tuning around in SSB has a distinctly
'analogue' feel, in large part because of 8 hz tuning increments.

I'm told that the 150 has a relatively weak front end, but that's
easily (and inexpensively) fixed with a BCB rejection filter or
preselector. Using my 150 with a Wellbrook 330S antenna, I find that I
need neither of these add-ons.

Steve