Old March 6th 05, 09:37 PM
Tom Sevart

wrote in message
oups.com...
No, we're not talking about that. It seems you don't want to
PARTICIPATE in amateur radio. Why??? You are still stuck in the world
of shortwave. Why, Steve??? A lot of nice scanners and shortwave, but
where is all of your ham
gear, Steve?? Instead of cuasing problems in here, you could be on
amateur radio having a great time.

Just because someone doesn't want to participate in amateur radio doesn't
mean they are technically illiterate. I am both a ham and SWL'er and
sometimes I get bored with amateur radio even though I'm into digital modes,
CW operating, QRP, homebrewing, SSTV, and beaconing. But my first love is
and always will be HF listening. Personally I go in turns, listening to
utes for a while, then maybe getting on the ham bands and chatting for a
while.

But don't insinuate that because someone enjoys SWLing that they don't also
enjoy amateur radio. Despite Steve's faults I have seen some good
information come from his direction.

--
Tom Sevart
Frontenac, KS