Old March 7th 05, 02:03 AM
CW

"Tebojockey" wrote in message
Jack,

Thanks for your input, but I beg to differ with you. A general
radiotelephone operator's license IS required to perform *any* work on
comms equipment for aircraft or marine use.

He wasn't talking about a repair tech, he stated "operator.

When it was
being demonstrated to one federal regulator in the early days, the
modulator section of the demonstrator's equipment failed and he
switched to Morse. The federal official was so impressed, that it
became a part of licensing regulations.

That's a new one. Just make that up?

But I
suspect that it will always be a part of the license requirement.

No it won't, wait a few years.

It's a rite of
passage to join the club.

Now it comes out. Hazing. I thought people got over that in college.