Old March 7th 05, 03:32 AM
Telamon

In article , running dogg wrote:

Snip

You can be anyone you want on the 'Net, and can stir up a ****storm
the likes of which the world has never seen. Just witness the posts
here. Some folks think for days on a question to pose that will
generate such a maelstrom of replies. This is their life.

On an internet board local to me, there was somebody who came in and
took over the board, posting 30 times a day (out of 40 posts a day) and
insulting everyone, trying to get people banned from the group, etc.
Things have quieted down now, but she's still there, insulting people
and making stupid remarks. I've had a net connection for 10 years, so
I'm used to it, but it's still frustrating.

Use a kill file. A stinking Troll can post 1000 a day and it won't
matter to you. Ignoring Trolls works. We just had one come and go in
record time. He probable would have left even sooner if the one or two
people still responding to him would have stopped. These jerks live to
get a rise out of you and will leave if ignored. ignoring them deprives
them of their "fun."

Me? I'll stick to posting and reading logs, Dogg! :-D

I'll post logs whenever I get a chance.

You do that.

--
Telamon