Old March 7th 05, 04:13 AM
running dogg

atomicthumbs wrote:

I just bought a scondhand one in excelent condition. Does anyone know
if this is a high-end reciever? Also, does anyone know what it would
sell (or sold, seeing as it's analog) for? I got it for $15.

The Patrolman line was a very good line of VHF receivers, sold by Radio
Shack in the 80s. I used to have a 60. Randomly tuning across the VHF
bands isn't likely to yield much, unless you know where to look-the band
was used by public services such as police and fire departments, but
most of those have gone to "trunk" frequencies and abandoned VHF, one of
the reasons I got rid of my Patrolman.