Old March 7th 05, 10:28 PM
arne thormodsen

"arne thormodsen" wrote in message
Yep. I checked each one. I was hoping this was the problem, as it
would have been easy to fix. Still digging around.

--arne

I found a link at:

http://www.gbronline.com/radioguy/convtr.htm

That contains some general hints for troubleshooting superhet radios.
Although the circuit is different, one thing caught my eye:

"no reception at low end of band" --- "weak convertor tube"

Sound reasonable?

Should I replace the 6BE6?

Which leads to another question, what's a good reputable site to by
tubes from? Also, is there only one sort of 6BE6, or do I need to
specify more? The tubes are the minature type, all glass.

Thanks in advance.

--arne

"Jerry McCarty" wrote in message
Did you check each section of the tuning cap? In

communications-style
receivers there are at least three separate sections all on a

common
shaft.