Old March 8th 05, 03:06 AM

Be very careful. Dial cords were not intended to be understood by
human beings.
If you DO go ahead, draw a picture of the pulleys....

There is a rumour out there that last person to successfully restring a
radio
died in 1979.

This is one of the easy ones, but I believe you nonetheless.

Soon after I got the radio, I went over to the Library of Congress and
copied the Sams Photofact for it. It was easy to do things like that
back then; security is much tighter now. The Photofact has the cord
stringing diagram. I have some spare cord lying around too.

Thanks for writing.