Old March 8th 05, 04:09 AM
Honus

"Howard" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:42:37 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

I'm guessing that it's because Boeing is such a prominent defense
contractor. (Not that I agree with him, mind you.)

Yeah, I kinda suspect the same thing but am [for some unexplained
reason] curious as to why David made the claim he did.

Don't dwell on it too much. Lots of us stop to look at the accidents. It's
just morbid curiosity.

It was an
interesting day at work today - yup, I'm a Boeing employee and the
reactions were interesting. Some folks were quick to point out the
impropriety of a CEO having a relationship with an underling (even if
not directly reporting to Harry - we do, oops, did all work for him).

She wasn't directly beneath him...so to speak? I hadn't heard that. Still, I
can see why what he did is frowned on.

While others figured that at his age the fact that he has a wife and
an outside relationship is a positive testament to his virility.

Maybe, but it's not much of a testament to a few other things about him.

The
true irony is that Harry was brought back from retirement to save
Boeing from ruin - partially due to ethical issues at the Board Room
level.

Yep...that's been noted all over the radio.

Have a good evening Honus,

Thank you, Howard...you too.