Old March 8th 05, 04:23 AM
Honus

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
Honus wrote:
And now I'm hearing a memorial to Gene Scott on 1615 (MW, of course) at

0555
UTC. It's identical to the broadcast that I'm receiving clearly on 5755
(KAIJ, TX)

You're receiving the 5755 transmission on 1615 because of the third
harmonic of the radio's local oscillator. (i.e. they are NOT actually
transmitting on 1615)

I suspected as much, but the coincidence of the harmonic coming in so close
to one of their other broadcast freq's made me wonder a bit. That and the
fact that I've never picked up harmonics from SW in the MW end of my dial. I
usually come across them 910 KHz away from the true frequency. Thanks for
all of your help explaining this to me. I snipped it in this reply, but I've
saved in my mailbox and I'll be sure to study it in more depth.