Old March 8th 05, 06:17 AM
Tebojockey

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:03:23 -0800, "CW" wrote:

"Tebojockey" wrote in message
.. .
Jack,

Thanks for your input, but I beg to differ with you. A general
radiotelephone operator's license IS required to perform *any* work on
comms equipment for aircraft or marine use.

He wasn't talking about a repair tech, he stated "operator.

Operators may not evenchange "plug-and-play" equipment unless they
are throwing a switch from main to standby. Read the rules, Sir.

When it was
being demonstrated to one federal regulator in the early days, the
modulator section of the demonstrator's equipment failed and he
switched to Morse. The federal official was so impressed, that it
became a part of licensing regulations.

That's a new one. Just make that up?

No, try reading ARRL and ham history a bit, you'll find the scenario
and stories. My imagination isn't that good. Maybe yours is.

But I
suspect that it will always be a part of the license requirement.

No it won't, wait a few years.

It's a rite of
passage to join the club.

Now it comes out. Hazing. I thought people got over that in college.

We did, but our club, our rules. You want the license, you pass all
the tests. Don't like it? CB is still there, but for how long, no
one knows.

Drive through, please.

Al