Old March 8th 05, 08:10 AM
dxAce

Howard wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:42:37 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

"Howard" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:16:38 GMT, David wrote:

Associated Press
Boeing Ousts CEO Due to Relationship
Monday March 7, 9:42 am ET
By Dave Carpenter, AP Business Writer
Boeing Board Ousts Stonecipher As President and CEO Due to
Relationship With a Female Executive

CHICAGO (AP) -- Boeing Co. on Monday said its board forced out
president and chief executive officer Harry Stonecipher because of a
relationship the married, 68-year-old Stonecipher had with a female
executive at the company.

SNIP
Stonecipher and his wife, Joan, are well-known contributors to the
arts in Seattle and to some colleges, including Tennessee Technical
University, his alma mater.

So what makes him a mass murderer?

I'm guessing that it's because Boeing is such a prominent defense
contractor. (Not that I agree with him, mind you.)

Yeah, I kinda suspect the same thing but am [for some unexplained
reason] curious as to why David made the claim he did. It was an
interesting day at work today - yup, I'm a Boeing employee and the
reactions were interesting. Some folks were quick to point out the
impropriety of a CEO having a relationship with an underling (even if
not directly reporting to Harry - we do, oops, did all work for him).
While others figured that at his age the fact that he has a wife and
an outside relationship is a positive testament to his virility. The
true irony is that Harry was brought back from retirement to save
Boeing from ruin - partially due to ethical issues at the Board Room
level.

The original post would seem to be David's "Jump the Shark" defining moment.

dxAce
Michigan
USA