Old March 8th 05, 10:52 AM
RHF

DUCKY,
=2E
The Sony ICF-SW7600GR 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio plus the
Sony AN-LP1 'portable' Shortwave Loop Antenna are a 'matched-set'
for a an On-the-Go "Travel" Shortwave Listening System.
=2E
ABOUT - The Sony ICF-SW7600GR 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio
http://tinyurl.com/6cwoy
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...86e2c6735c3459

=2E
ABOUT - Antennas for the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio
http://tinyurl.com/527dg
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d440c902c16d45

=2E
WEBPAGE - The Sony ICF-SW7600 Series Page
http://tinyurl.com/4rumo
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...acbe683366a500

=2E
? Is this the Antenna I want for my Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio ?
http://tinyurl.com/65nx9
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e6204ae5d69cca

=2E
? Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio - Any Thoughts ?
http://tinyurl.com/5at8n
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e0b141f462d88d

=2E
Check-Out the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
All are Welcome and Invited-to-Join this Group.
=2E
=2E
However - If I were looking for a single stand-a-lone Table-Top
Shortwave Radio for a "Fixed Location" then I would 'choose' the
Grundig Satellit 800-M because it has more built-in Tools for
Advance Radio Reception and Improved Broadcast Radio Listening
Enjoyment.
+ A Better Functioning AM SYNC Circuit
+ Three IF Band Widths
+ Fast & Slow AGC
+ Selectable SSB LSB & USB
+ Ease of Operation =3D Size and Layout of Controls
+ Better Sound Quality
+ Whip Antenna {Mega Size} and Pre-Amplifier
=2E
ABOUT - The "Mega Sized" Whip Antenna of the Grundig Satellit 800-M.
Grundig Satellit 800-M has a built-in Whip Antenna and Pre-Amplifier
This "Whip Antenna" is a design for an earlier age of radio
when Whip Antennas were designed and engineered to be real
signal gatherers: Large and Long and Thick at the base and
tapering to the tip. The majority of today's portable radios
have short and thin whip antennas; which provide minimum signal
gathering. Grundig Satellit 800-M's "Whip Antenna" is MEGA Sized
when compared to the average whip antenna on most of today's
smaller portable radios. Plus with the Grundig Satellit 800-M
you have the built-in Whip Antenna Pre-Amplifier for add
signal strength.
=2E
IMHO: The Size and Shape of the Grundig Satellit 800-M
Whip Antenna is about the signal gathering equivalent of
one of those 23 Ft Role-Up Antennas that are required by
most other portable radios to get the same signals that
the Grundig Satellit 800-M provides.
=2E
FWIW - Here are Two Things to Consider
about the Grundig Satellit 800-M "Whip" Antenna
* The Grundig Satellit 800-Ms "MEGA" Size Whip Antenna
is Massive in both in Length and Thickness.
(About 4X-5X the 'effective' RF Signal receiving surface
conducting area which results in a greater 'Signal Capture
Aperture' =3D Higher Signal Levels and less fade.)
* Plus the Grundig Satellit 800-M has a 'built-in' Whip Antenna
PRE-AMPLIFIER.
(About 2X-4X the effective RF 'weak' Signal Sensitivity.)
=2E
READ - One of the Grundig Satellit 800M's
.. . . Secrets for Top Perfromance
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/message/6093
=2E
READ - The Grundig Satellit 800M's "MEGA" Sized Whip Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Satellit800/message/4176
=2E
Check-Out the Grundig Satellit 800M eGroup on YAHOO !
All are Welcome and Invited-to-Join this Group.
=2E
=2E
TIP - Buy Both and Enjoy your Radios : On-the-Go or At-Home !
=2E
=2E
iane ~ RHF
=2E
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
=2E
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
=2E
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
=2E
=2E
* * * EXTRACTED from Newsgroups: Rec.Radio.Shortwave
=3D =3D =3D From: "Ducky"
=3D =3D =3D Date: 3 Mar 2005 13:47:58 -0800
=3D =3D =3D Local: Thurs, Mar 3 2005 1:47 pm
=3D =3D =3D Subject: 7600GR Vs SAT 800
=2E
I have a Sony 7600GR.
=2E
Will I get much better performance from a new Grundig SAT 800 ?
=2E
I think I can get a reconditioned Grundig for around $400.
=2E
I am just wondering if it's worth nearly $300 more than the Sony.
=2E=20
Any help appreciated.=20
=2E=20
=2E