Old March 8th 05, 10:04 PM
Bob Monaghan

my first SWL receiver was from a Boy Scout merit badge booklet (early
1960s) featuring a super-regenerative superhetrodyne multi-tube rcvr. Much
better than some of the later "replacements" (S-38..), except that
cosmetically mine was built on a aluminum baking tin chassis ;-) ;-)

Besides nostalgia, the bands are much more crowded today so those same
older radios don't work as well without help in the selectivity dept...

my most unusual radio was a ham receiver Mosley CM-1 which used the same
tube type thru out the radio ;-) Must have gotten a great buy in surplus?
;-) ;-)

grins bobm

* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *