Old March 10th 05, 01:14 AM
DAB sounds worse than FM

fm_soundsgreat_when_a_cab_goes_past wrote:
"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message
Mike Terry wrote:

So, from this sentence:

"Lacetti Sport features a Blaupunkt single CD player as standard and,
new to this market sector, a DAB digital radio, single CD player as
an option."

you've come to the conclusion that "digital is becoming standard in
cars"?

1. Chevrolet Lacettis are rare in the UK
2. DAB is an OPTION, not standard
3. DAB is not becoming standard in cars
4. You're a knobhead
5. Go away.

ack that's a little unfair.

No it's not.

It's a obvious option for manufactures,
but unit prices keep it in the 'option' or 'accessory' bin at the
moment, not the fact that it's dab. I have dab in my car and I have to
admit it was night and day when comparing it to my pants factory
fitted fm radio. I'd never go back to an in car fm unit.

You try to make out that you're oh so into audio, and oh so knowledgable
about audio, so why is it when you come to radio you seem to be
incredibly backward?

You wouldn't dream of expecting radio to sound good. Why? And don't you
have an FM tuner at home? If so, have you never turned on Radio 3?

And now you're trying to suggest that DAB sounds better than FM in cars,
just because you replaced your ****ty factory-fitted FM car stereo? And
the same argument went for when you replaced your malfunctioning FM
portable (that you could hear taxis on, which shows it wasn't even fking
working properly) with a ghastly The Bug portable and you seem to
suggest DAB is better.

Pal, whatever your name actually is, you don't know WTF you're going on
about.

My Sony ICF703L FM portable sounds miles better than my Evoke-1.
My Pioneer DEH-P77MP CD/MP3/FM car stereo with DSP-enhanced FM tuner
sounds the dog's ********, and the FM bit WILL wipe the floor with DAB.
End of story.

quick google around and here's what's going on - without telling you
you're a 'knobhead'

opel throughout europe and vauxhall in the uk has added dab as a
factory-fitted option to the newly designed audio system in the new
astra. all opel\ vauxhall brands will be optioning dab across europe
by sept 2004

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

gm daewoo's lacetti, has dab as a price-listed option - we knew that
one.

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

tvr offers dab as a factory fit across its entire range, with standard
fit on the tuscan s - but then the tuscan is a ******s car

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

rover and mg dealerships in the uk are offering DAB digital radio as
an accessory.

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

the new lotus elise 111R has dab digital radio as a factory fitted
option.

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

fiat dealerships offer dab as an accessory.

So DAB isn't becoming standard in cars then.

Hope that helps.

Find the cheapest Freeview, DAB & MP3 Player Prices:
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/fr..._receivers.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/da...tal_radios.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/mp...rs_1GB-5GB.htm
http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/mp...e_capacity.htm