Old March 9th 05, 10:03 PM
Mark

If you join this group, you'll see there is a serial number database for the
Sony ICF-2010 / ICF-2001D (Identical radios, 2010 for the USA, 2001D for
rest of the world. There were also some model variations where frequency
coverage was limited (for example, no Air band) for certain parts of the
world.)

Mark
Auckland
New Zealand.

"radiolove" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok I have question for anyone that can help. I'm looking for a Sony
2010 and I'd like to know why there is such an importance placed on the
serial numbers for this unit. Is there a better range of numbers to
look for? Some people say a lower number is better then a higher one.
What about a number like 366000 something like that. Could someone
shed some light on this and explain why it's so important. What do you
recommend?