Old March 10th 05, 01:15 AM
Henry Kolesnik

I bought mine used so I don't know its age but my serial number is 1001xx
and it was made in Japan. I wonder if the FCC ID AK896AICF-2010 contains
anything more than the date of approval?

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"radiolove" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok I have question for anyone that can help. I'm looking for a Sony
2010 and I'd like to know why there is such an importance placed on the
serial numbers for this unit. Is there a better range of numbers to
look for? Some people say a lower number is better then a higher one.
What about a number like 366000 something like that. Could someone
shed some light on this and explain why it's so important. What do you
recommend?