Old March 10th 05, 08:13 PM
Alex Clayton

"Darrin" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:30:47 -0500, Lou wrote:

Troll, troll, troll your boat..... What an ass. $90 for a Pro-95 sounds
like a good deal to me too.

Sounded pretty good to a few people. It sold in 2 hours, and 3 others
were looking to buy it afterwards.

I am reminded of what an older (than me at the time) coin collector once
told me when I was a kid. I asked about the "value" of coins. He told me "a
coin is worth what you can get someone else to pay you for it". That was
over 30 years ago, and I often remember it. Anyone ever see some of the
stuff that sells on ebay, and what it sells for? I have bought and sold a
lot of stuff. Years ago I was getting rid of some stuff I had up graded.
Some of it was bid up higher than the price the same item went for new from
an online store. I of course did not care. If "I" was looking for a new 95,
"I" would probably pay full retail rather than take the "risk", but others
obviously were willing to try it to save a few bucks. I do have to wonder
about whether people who have nothing better to do than complain about this
have ever been laid, but what the hell if it makes their day, and they
obviously have nothing else to do, shrug
--
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is