Old March 10th 05, 10:15 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Hello RJ,

I keep my radios (as well as all my other elctronic equipment) covered
when not in use so they rarely, if ever, need any exterior cleaning. My
wife makes the covers. She just LOVES to do that ;-)

That said, I did clean my Hitachi KH-1108S AM/FM/SW portable radio
(bought in 1969) a couple of years ago. I used a slightly damp cloth
and soap. I was extremely careful and went very slowly. On the
serrations of the knobs, I used an old toothbrush and toothpaste. Of
course I rinsed off the soap, again with a very slightly damp cloth.
None of the lettering (ot anything else) was affected at all.

The radio came out looking like new. The trick is to take your time. Go
VERY slowly. Do NOT use "chemical" cleaners other than soap or
toothpaste (which, of course, is a soap).

I hope that helps you.

Best,

Joe