Old March 11th 05, 07:46 PM

Reminds me of a Lafayette HA-225 (KT-340) receiver I once owned. They
are fine examples of how far shortwave receivers have come!

patgkz wrote:
What a horrid, miserable radio. I owned one brand new in 1971 as

ordered
from Allied radio shortly before their demise.

The A-model has a bit more IF bandwidth due to one IF filter stage

being
eliminated and replaced with a jumper wire on the circuit board.

This spoke
volumes of the crappy design: imagine, the "improved" A-version

actually
has less parts due to the fact that an entire stage in the IF was

removed!

My 2515 model suffered from excessive drift, instability, bandswitch
glitching, microphonics, poor sensitivity above 20Megs, scratchy
pots.....and that was when the darned thing was NEW!

The A-model may be more desirable due to its selectivity being wider

than
that of a razor blade. AM on my 2515 was absolutely miserable and

devoid of
any detected audio above 1,500cps. It always sounded like you were
listening to a radio with a paper bag over your head.

No wonder Allied fizzled. This was the Company's last, dying attempt

at
marketing a house-brand "communications" receiver. I can see why

anyone at
TRIO would never admit to desingning the fool thing.

"Michael" wrote in message
Anyone know the difference between the 2515 and the 2515A?

I wonder who built this rcvr? Trio maybe?

Thanks