Old March 11th 05, 10:13 PM
* Dr. Artaud *

uncle arnie wrote in
:

If you wish to spend time in Jail, take your FRS radios to Europe,
otherwise, leave them alone and do some research to find the Eurpoean
equivalent (which you probably won't be able to use here, if here is
America).

PMR-446 radios: http://www.two-way-radio.org.uk/frs-and-pmr446-walkie-
talkie-radios.htm

When in Europe, don't even mention that you know any Americans.

Dr. Artaud

"U.S. FRS radios cannot under any circumstances be used in Africa,
Europe, Asia, Mexico, Australia, Canada, or anywhere else. Why? Because
the frequencies the United States FRS uses have no equivalent service on
the same radio frequencies in other countries. The license free radio
services in other countries do not use our FRS frequencies."

http://www.gmrsweb.com/gmrsed092999.html

Going to Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany in early summer. Anyone
with recent travel experience? I wld take a portable SW like an
ATS606 and wld like to take a pair of FRS radios also. If anyone has
had any trouble taking radios with them by plane I'd like to hear
about it. Thanks.