Old March 11th 05, 11:18 PM

If you are in the market to buy some hardware-based DSP, you may
consider
downloading one of the free software-based DSP programs to experience
what
it can do. Google "SR5-DSP" and try that. There are others out there as

well...

Good luck with it!

-=jd=-

I've read about various software-based DSP programs and some of them
look really interesting. However, I don't care to have my receiver
connected to a computer. I did operate this way for a while and I
appreciate the advantages, but on the whole I don't care for it.

I use one of the ClearSpeech units and am very happy with it, but I've
noticed that some people are much happier with DSP than others. I'm
curious about whether this is because DSP is just better adapted to
certain kinds of listening or whether it's entirely a matter of
personal preference. Anyway, my curiosity about this is one of the
things that motivated me to start this thread.

Steve