Old March 12th 05, 03:45 AM
* Dr. Artaud *

wrote in news:1110548246.416093.8920
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Icom R-75, I have the DSP unit that came with the radio, but required the
user to install, which I did.

Most of the time the DSP is on, for both AM and SSB reception. I like the
suppression of the squeal characteristic of a nearby carrier (when my radio
is on SSB).

I have no problems with it at all. Since the Icom R-75 has this feature, it
does, under certain circumstances, offer better reception than I am capable
of getting with my Yaesu FRG-100. (I still prefer the Yaesu FRG-100
overall).

Dr. Artaud

Do you have a DSP unit (either built-in or external)?

If so, what percentage of the time to you have it switched on?

Do you use it for AM reception or do you use it only on SSB and other,
more 'specialized' modes?

What's the main thing you like/dislike about your DSP?

Steve