Old March 12th 05, 06:03 AM
clifto

dxAce wrote:
"" wrote:
My old SONY receiver islooking grungy,
and I'd like to clean the case.

The last time I tried ( on a different radio )
I used Windex, and I smeared lots of the lettering.

Don't use window cleaner (you learned that!).

If I need to clean anything like that I generally use Fantastik, and have not
had a problem.

Fantastik took the wood grain off the "contact" paper on my humidifier,
and removed some silk screening off one item a while back. I believe 409
didn't affect either of those two items, but did affect others. Since
I've been using Simple Green I haven't hurt anything... YET. Rule of
thumb is always to find a small area where testing won't kill anything
too badly.

(I always thought Simple Green was some idiot environmentalist crap made
of water and fish ****, good for nature but not for cleaning, because of
the name. Since I've tried it, I've found it to work better than nearly
anything else for general cleaning.)