Old March 12th 05, 07:42 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ps.com...
Do you have a DSP unit (either built-in or external)?

If so, what percentage of the time to you have it switched on?

Do you use it for AM reception or do you use it only on SSB and other,
more 'specialized' modes?

What's the main thing you like/dislike about your DSP?

Steve

Steve,

I use the DSP whenever there is too much garbage on the frequency or band
like static, scratchiness, some solar bull****, etc, in any mode. It really
helps with Hams and SSB but works well with AM too {at least the Icom
unit}.

I use it pretty often. Like one fellow buff said you can't have too many
tools to help hear signals better. The human ear can really differentiate
subtle changes and it makes listening more pleasant and less stressful all
around.

What I don't like about it is too much DSP can distort sound and take some
fidelity away,

But, you can live without it. I mean it's not like it's so fantastic it's
gonna change your life, but it helps

Lucky