Old March 12th 05, 04:02 PM
Panzer240

wrote in message
ps.com...
Do you have a DSP unit (either built-in or external)?

If so, what percentage of the time to you have it switched on?

Do you use it for AM reception or do you use it only on SSB and other,
more 'specialized' modes?

What's the main thing you like/dislike about your DSP?

Steve

While I have a PCR-1000, it does not have the DSP filter. However I have
not purchased one because the reports of it's usefulness vary widely. It's
kinda like Keiths's India Pale Ale, those who like it, like it a lot !!

So I use a software based sound card one. While I have tried many, the one
I keep coming back to is called the BR-Universal-Filter. It has the usual
bank of features and seems to do a good job for me. I only use it when
interference makes it necessary. It has a DSP off feature and 5
customizable programmable settings, so I usually have the program running
in DSP Off mode until I need it.

You can find a copy of it he

shareware.pcmag.com/product.php%5Bid%5D75206%5Bcid%5D201%5BSiteID%5Dpc mag

Hope it helps

--
Panzer