Old March 12th 05, 06:02 PM
Jack Painter

wrote
Hi Jack,

I'm too lazy to worry about assigned vs carrier frequency. I just post
whatever frequency is displayed on the LCD readout on my R8B. It said
4126.4 khz, and I believe the displayed frequency is the carrier
frequency in SSB. Maybe the fisherman were slightly off frequency?

I don't know, but they were entertaining to listen to.

Steve

Steve, I use my R8B as a guard receiver, and it's a champ in any band. It is
indeed display = carrier. So yes I would say the fishermen were just doing
what they often do, tuning up wherever they feel like it, and sometimes on
whatever band they feel like, lol.

Jack