Old March 13th 05, 02:09 AM
Dave Heil

bb wrote:

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
wrote:
Brian Burke wrote on Wed, Mar 9 2005 3:29 pm:

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:

Correct. And the "Big Lie" ("I am going to get my Extra Lite

out
of the box", for one example,

As long as there's an Extra class, Len is capable of doing just that.
Your only hope is to have that license renamed to something else when
the code requirement is dropped. Then you can keep hounding him.

Actually, the quote is that Len was going for the "Extra right out of
the box" right after the regs were modified. Len isn't capable of
getting any amateur radio license "right out of the box" now. The box
has been opened for a number of years. At the moment, Len isn't
interested in obtaining an amateur radio license. Stick around
though--that changes from time to time.

Dave K8MN