Old March 12th 05, 09:53 PM
Ron Hardin

Steve Sobol wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:
There's some enormous hash signal 10 kHz above and below WTPG 1230
Columbus (aka. WCOL 1230 and WFII 1230) today, wiping out WHIZ 1240
Zanesville, which is Columbus's finest radio station.

Pedant alert:

Calling WHIZ 1240 Zanesville "Columbus's finest radio station" is much like, in
my neck of the woods, calling KIXW 960 "Los Angeles's finest radio station."

KIXW is a Victorville station, 65 miles northeast of Los Angeles as the crow flies.

IIRC, Zanesville is roughly the same distance east of Columbus.

This concludes your Pedant alert for Thursday, March 10th.

It puts in a good signal, and it has about the only music I can stand to listen to
for long in the background; and gives you Limbaugh an hour before the wretched
WTVN 610 with its eternal echo chamber on every show.

Perhaps only a good signal if you live in the direction of Zanesville from Columbus,
I don't know. It's wiped out by WTPG now, whatever else it is. I wonder why
WHIZ puts up withbeing obliterated by Clear Channel; it's their frequency, after all.

Unless you have the world's best MW antenna array of course. I can null anybody,
and sometimes even two anybodies at once, with stable signals (eg. daytime).

--
Ron Hardin