Old March 13th 05, 12:08 AM
Brenda Ann

"David" wrote in message
The illegals are here because the government wants them here. They
help keep wages depressed and thus help the government make more
money.

Don't know about the government per se, but the economies of several states
(CA, OR, WA, ID, NM, AZ, TX) count on them for sure. Without the migrant
workers, many crops would never even be planted, let alone harvested,
because most Americans simply won't do those jobs for any wage. I used to
work the fields (strawberries, sugar beets, potatoes) when I was young, and
was almost universally the only caucasian person there. Most were Mexicans,
some were Native Americans. Some Afro-Americans depending on the state, but
not many.

This is not a moral assertion on whether it's RIGHT or WRONG.. only an
assertion that it is fact.