Old March 13th 05, 07:12 AM
Pete KE9OA

One of these days, if I can find one at a not so insane price............a
couple of years ago, I put out my feelers on the NG for a 515 and some
fellow in the Southwest offered me his unit for almost 1000 dollars. A bit
high, but I guess either the demand was there or he must have thought I
staggered in from the local tavern.

Pete

"BDK" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Hmm, never heard this before about the 515 filters. My almost 25 year
old 515 works great, just needs a little alignment in the PBT circuit.
A friend's 20 year old one is fine and dandy too..

BDK

Come to think of it...........I wonder if it depends on the user
environment..........I just don't know.

Pete

We both bought them around the same time. Mine was made in Nov 81, his
in 85, one of the last ones made. His was new, mine was used. Mine has
two of the K filters in it, I can't remember what the name is either. It
also has a crystal 1.2 K and a ceramic 300hz filter.

I checked it last night, and clicked through the bandwiths and the
signal strength was the same in all modes, except the 300hz one, it
always reads a little lower with that one selected.

My friend's is ok too. Both have spent the last 20 or so years in air
conditioned houses, maybe that's it. I had a ton of problems with those
5 cent phono plug interconnects over the years. De-oxit took that
problem away.

BDK