Old March 13th 05, 04:52 PM
RST Engineering

"resistant" is hard to define. I have a j-pole made out of PVC that has
been on the roof for almost thirty years. I suppose at some time it will
fail, but probably not in my lifetime. I certainly wouldn't expect it to
have the same pressure and burst characteristics if I was using it with
water pressure, but it seems to hold up well as an antenna structure.

My company has been making vertical dipoles using Schedule 40 PVC as the
"radome" for nearly twenty years, and as yet, not a single reported field
failure.

Jim

"Korbin Dallas" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:05:53 -0800, wrote:

Greetings
Does anyone know if typical schedule 40 PVC pipe is UV resistant? I
have some antenna projects in mind that will be built from this stuff.
I suppose I can paint it for some extra protection, but I was wondering
if it is necessary?

Thanks
Jim/K2TL

No, PVC is not UV Resistant...