Old March 13th 05, 04:40 PM
Michael Black

VE3ELQ ) writes:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:52:58 GMT, "Peter Barbella"
wrote:

Try CD4060 or CD4024, oscillator and multiple divide all done for you
for 69 cents.

I wouldn't use one of those, unless it was a lower frequency. At 7MHz,
straight versions of those ICs are pushing their limits. And it's
not as if better CMOS devices haven't come along in the 35 years or
so since that series was introduced.

Michael VE2BVW

Hello Gang,

I've got a crystal (7.155 mhz) that I need to use at half frequency. I
decided to pump it into a flip flop, but I'm having an awful time using
2n3904 transistors. The triggering seems to be a very challenging design
issue.

Anybody have any thoughts, (or other ideas for halving frequency)?