Old March 13th 05, 04:24 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

(J P) wrote in
:

Acrimony, to get you familiar with the word, if you are not as of yet:

Main Entry: ac·ri·mo·ny
Pronunciation: 'a-kr&-"mO-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French acrimonie, from Latin
acrimonia, from acr-, acer
: harsh or biting sharpness especially of words, manner, or disposition

You will find a lot of this here, as well as some actual "On Topic"
posts. (everybody makes mistakes).

Anyway, welcome to the NG.

I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, use a Icom R-75, Yaesu FRG-100, Yaesu
FT-840, Sony 7600GR, and more. I have one outdoor long wire antenna and
one indoor antenna that circumscribes the small room where I keep my
radio and computer. Oddly enough, they usually provide similar
performance, especially for the range of SWLing that I do. (no intense
DXing).

I am curious about the inclusion of your e-mail address without any
attempt to keep spam-bots from purloining it, thereby risking inundation
with spam? Also your FCC license number change. Perhaps I am showing my
ignorance (most likely), but does your FCC number change as you progress
to higher levels, did it expire and was reissued, or is your call sign a
vanity sign?

Has long listening sessions ever given you tinnitus? If so, try visiting
Jonathan Creek in Maggie Valley, NC. A very restful place.

Regards.

Dr. Artaud

Am new to this group, and was wondering where each poster is located
for reference of conditions, skip, etc.

I'm located in Viera, Florida a new town, 18.1 miles due west of Cocoa
Beach, FL (where I work) and ca. 50 miles due east of Orlando,
Florida.

Using a Kenwood R-2000 and MFJ-1020C for SWL and a Kenwood TS-830s and
Buddipole antenna for hamming (which is very limited here.) Licensed
as ham since 1965.

Thanks in advance!
John-K4JDP