Old March 13th 05, 04:51 PM
lsmyer

It has the switchable IF. I tried it, but the original setting has always
been the best so far.

The only image I've received on it so far was where I was trying to receive
WLW on 700 (150 miles away), and I have local stations on 680 (4 miles) and
710 (20 miles). The PL-350 separated the stations just fine, but it received
an image on 700 from a local travel station on 1610 (less than 1 mile away)
that's notoriously overmodulated. For some reason, every Tecsun I own picks
up that travel station on 700 in that same spot.

Otherwise, I haven't heard any images, but I'm in a rural setting surrounded
by mountains and with very few high-powered stations, so sensitivity is the
most important factor for me in considering any type of radio. And the
PL-350 seems to be a perfect choice.