Old March 14th 05, 12:26 AM
Harold Burton

"ml" wrote in message
I have a rather short dipole i can't 'move' the ends appart any more.

currently using 18g stranded

just wondering if i went to a larger wire ga would there be any
appreciable gains??

tnx

Perhaps a little wider bandwidth, would probably require a lot more diameter
to achieve much. Not an area of expertise for me, but I have read that
bending dipoles is not always a bad thing. You might try adding wire
perpendicular to your dipole ends. Also an inverted vee might allow some
additional length along the 45 degree downward angle, I believe it might
also help with impedance matching (or so I've read).

Harold
KD5SAK