Old March 13th 05, 09:50 PM
Tom Sevart

Well maybe some of them turn around and sell the old ones, I don't know. I
have ended up with a collection of radios over the years, but the only
portables I still have are my Sony 2010, which I only use while away from
home or listening on the patio, and an MCE analog AM-only portable which I
bought at a hamfest for $1. I hang onto it since I think it's neat because
all the controls are labeled in German, and on front it is called a 9 Band
Weltempfanger. Plus, it is a cheap portable SWBC receiver that I'm not
really afraid to lose. I also have an old Realistic Patrolman-9 which was
given to me, and I think it's a neat radio since it not only covers SW, but
LW, MW, VHF, and UHF. It should be a fun radio to take camping this summer.
I also used to own a Sony 7600, and sometimes wish I still had it. It was a
really neat portable AM/SSB receiver.

It could be that many people who buy new portables have their own
collection, too. I know if I had the money I wouldn't mind buying all sorts
of portables. I'd probably play with each one every so often, while keeping
the others on display like my own personal museum.

But, since I haven't won the lottery and the Nigerians STILL won't send me
the 12 million dollars they promised, I'll just have to be satisfied with
the radios I do have. And if I ever get tired of any of them, I'll sell
them.

--
Tom Sevart
Frontenac, KS