Old March 14th 05, 03:44 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Brian Denley" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

m..
.

The Ten-Tec I own is a 340 and I can't comment on the 350.

The 350 has not had a firmware upgrade for nearly 2 years. I have
one in a closet, as it is not a particularly good AM DX machine. I
have an old R8 and a modified R75 that both outperform it.

Why don't you sell it then? Why leave it in a closet. The spectrum
display looked interesting to me. Did that display turn out not to be
useful?

Yeah it is pretty useful. The RX-350 is a very good high end receiver and
might still become an excellent one. It is 100% DSP and has a built-n noise
reduction and auto-notch, three sync modes, and scans very fast. Ten-Tec is
finally working toward a firmware upgrade.

I looked around on the Ten-Tec site and did not see this mentioned.
Where did you read about it?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California