Old March 14th 05, 05:24 PM
John Plimmer

Have a look at the link below and you will find my review of the Drake R8B
side by side with the Icom 756 PRO III

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
m...
I'm curious as to what users have found when they use the general coverage
in their ham transciever for SWLing and VLF. Has anyone made any AB
comparisons to their SWL gen. cov. RX? Which ones seem to be best? I

know
Kenwood and Icom make SWL receivers that look much like a transciever and
might even use the same circuitry, not sure about Yaesu though. The Icom
R-75 looks a lot like the Icom 718 but the Rx has the PS built in. I can't
recall the Kewood models. How about the Kenwood TS-2000 or Icom 756 Pro

for
gen cov?
tnx

--