Old March 15th 05, 02:33 AM

Netgeek wrote:
Len,

Thanks for the input and observations! Comments follow:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Firstly, 108 to 118 MHz is the international civil
aviation radionavigation band. It's not all that
interesting to listen to unless a local tower is
also repeating voice comms over a VOR or Localizer
radionav transmitter nearby on the ground. The
civil aviation voice band is 118 to 137 MHz.

Agreed - not that interesting to listen to, but the NAV
channels are exactly what I'm interested in - (both VOR
and LOC). The "experiment" I have in mind is a processor
controlled scanner of sorts that tracks multiple VORs
and performs as a backup to GPS. Hence the need for
fast/agile tuning (either PLL or DDS). As you may have
gathered - I'm not an "RF guy" by any stretch - but I'm
attempting to learn (out of sheer necessity 8-).....

snip

Neither the range nor the accuracy of VORs is all that great on
the ground.

What do you intend to do with this doo-dad other than experiment if
I may ask?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.