Old March 14th 05, 09:47 PM
Pete KE9OA

That should be buyer's disappointmrnt!

Pete

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message

You know Pete,

I'm wondering if the frequency really needs a sec to catch up. The
frequency is actually changing in between the tuning rates. So you're not
seeing those steps displayed but you can hear the difference.

I'm glad you can help this guy out Pete. I feel badly for him. Stinkin
crooks on Ebay. I never pay for a radio without using a credit card. This
way you have some kind of recourse with these *******s.

Lucky

You've got a good point there,
Lucky...................................instead of synthesizer settling
time, he is talking about an apparent latency with the display. I
understand what you mean.
I feel sorry for this fellow, too. It's a shame that some of these "mint
condition" things hit the market at the prices that they do.
It could be possible that the seller didn't know the actual condition of
the unit, but the broken volume control? I don't think so. The wear on the
switches is normal, but they aren't a big deal to
replace.............still, I understand the seller's disappointment.

Pete