Old March 15th 05, 04:06 AM
Lucky

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
news:AlqZd.5320$b_6.3450@trnddc01...

"thecop" wrote in message
What an incredible disappointment...NOT with the radio's performance.
In some respects I believe it equals or may even surpass the Icom R75 I
recently sold. What IS a disappointment is the condition of the radio...I

am
trying to communicate with the person from whom I won the auction on
Ebay,
no luck so far.

Anyway, I am trying to get this radio in as new condition as possible and

am looking for help with the following problems:

1- The frequency display does not seem to follow the tuning knob. Almost
takes a second or two to catch up.

You may have a defective encoder- never seent his with the 4 150's I have
owned, but it could happen.

2- the selection buttons on the bottom have to be pressed NUMEROUS times
before the radio responds. Takes 10-12 fast pushes to change mode, tuning
steps, fast or slow tuning etc.

3- There is a scratch on the display crystal (not the LCD, but the clear
plastic overlay)

4- The Volume control knob and shaft came out. I can no longer use it to
turn the radio on or off and must do that by applying or diconnecting
external power in the back !!!

As Pete mentioned, this is a collett knob- attempts to pull it off will
ruin
the pot.

One other thing to watch out for - do NOT use non rechargeable batteries
AND
the plug in power supply- this will cook the alkalines and cause them to
leak. Of the 4 RX I have had, only my current one has a pristine battery
box.

Dale W4OP

Dale,

I just bought a 8 way niCd battery charger off Ebay. I won't even recharge
the batteries in the radio. No way. My boxes are clean. I hear people have
been using regular NiMH batteries in it. They leave them in recharging
continuously since they recharge more slowly. I wouldn't try it.

Lucky