Old August 29th 03, 07:10 PM
Peter O. Brackett

David:

[snip]
sorry, not always... another clear generalization from oversimplifying and
applying the wrong model. there are cases where there is zero reflected
voltage for a conjugate match.

[snip]

David, my friend as I stated several times, there is only one such case NOT
"cases"
and occurs only when Zo is purely resistive.

In that case the conjugate is non-existent! What's your point?

Wanna proof:

The reflection coefficient is identically zero,

rho = (Z - Zo)/(Z + Zo) = 0

If and only if the numerator of rho is identically zero.

(Z - Zo) = 0

Solving for the unknown Z, this occurs whenever.

Z = Zo

For complex Zo = ro + jxo, conjugate match occurs whenever
Z = ro - jxo and so rho can only be zero when:

ro - jxo = ro + jxo

which only occurs when

-xo = xo

This can only happen if xo = 0, i.e. the reactive part of both Z and Zo
are identically zero.

i.e. -xo = xo if and only if xo = 0

And this only occurs when Zo is real, not when it is complex!

What exactly is your point?

--
Peter K1PO
Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL.