Old March 15th 05, 07:19 PM
Reg Edwards

I have a home brew Carolina Windom that I have pruned for 80 meters.

have compared it with a G5RV and a full size inverted V for 80

meters. I
like to chase 80 meter DX and I am in Southern California. The

Windom
gets much better reports than the G5RV on both 80 & 40 those are the

only
bands I checked and I can find little difference between it and the

full
size inverted V. Some times the inverted V will be better by one s

unit
then the Windom will be but for DX the Windom always seems better

and I
get very good reports out of the Pacific. I think different

antennas work
differently at each QTH and only experimenting will reveal whats

best for
you.

If you rotate the directions of all the antennas you will get a
completely different set of results and draw a different set of
conclusions. Which is correct?
----
Reg.