Old September 24th 03, 12:45 PM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

"David Stinson" wrote in message
I'm having good success with filtering the SWEN worm garbage
using these filter terms (*letter case and phrases count*):

Filtering for SUBJECT:
Pack, Net Security, Upgrade, Update, Internet, Returned Mail,
User unknown, Returned to Mailer, Critical, failure,
Letter, Advice, Announcement, Message, Latest, Bug, Error,
Notice, Network, Security, Undelivered Mail, Status Notification,
Undeliverable.

Filtering for SENDER:
Microsoft, MS, Internet, network, Net Email, Administrator, Customer,
webservice, Message, Mail Delivery, webbot

So far, it's nailing about 95% of the stuff.
Be sure to check trash before deleting it, since
I was catching one "good" user when I included "ms"
uncapitalized by mistake.

Good luck weathering the storm,
Dave Stinson AB5S

I just changed my e-mail address. Dave, what filter are you using?
Earthlink does not allow that kind of filtering, as far as I can tell.

http://webmail.earthlink.net takes you to Earthlink's Webmail access.
Use your full e-mail address and password to log in, and set the
spamblocker to high. It will add a folder called Suspect Email, where
anything that isn't in your on line address book will go. I just click
on it, and delete anything between 140 and 160 KB. I am still getting
over 200 an hour, but I am not wasting the time to download and delete
them. I just leave a page open to Earthlink's Webmail access while I am
on line, and click on delete about every 5 to 10 minutes.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Yes, you would need to be on-line continually to deal with Earthlink's
horrible Webmail system. Even if you put everything in the suspect folder,
it counts against your 10 meg total until you delete it. They will empty
the folder only ever 14 days when it fills up in 30 minutes. So it is a
worthless option. Also, they allow only 500 addresses to be blocked, so you
cannot even block the spam, which they refuse to call spam, because then
they would need to do something about it. Earthlink sucks.