Old March 16th 05, 03:09 AM
Roy Lewallen

I had to chuckle over this -- Art being critical of another antenna
design because the designer doesn't produce adequate quantitative data
or explain clearly what its advantages are.

Thanks for the entertainment. I need a break from reality once in a while.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

wrote:
I don't operate on 40 M so I may be missing something but exactly what is it
that stands
out with this antenna that would make it desirable to hams? Efficiency would
be reflected by the loads
used which is not necessarily "state of the art". He then states "a large
F/B is effected"
but it doesn't show before and after overlaid plots !
Would hams have an interest in a two element 20 M
antenna that have lower TOA than the norm, say 9 degrees instead of the
normal 14 degrees?
I think I can quickly put one together for the week end while putting the
present assembly aside.
Regards
Art