Old March 16th 05, 04:12 AM
Roderick Stewart

In article , wrote:
At least one of my local fm radio stations says that their radio station
"is now broadcasing in high-definition" on their radio frequency.

So what I need to know now is

Does anyone know where I can buy a high-definition radio?

and how much do they cost?

:-) They probably cost more, sound worse, consume so much battery power
that they have to be provided with a separate mains power supply (which
isn't shown in the brochure of course), and will be enthusiastically
advertised for at least two years before any of them actually appear in the
shops, by which time you'll have forgotten why you were interested and
spent your money on something much more worthwhile It won't be available as
an option in the new car you're thinking of buying, and half the programmes
will be transmitted in mono.

Rod.